Saturday, November 12, 2011

Color me Red

I wanted to find out what if anything your favorite color says about you. My mother in law is a very hard person to handle and I think her obsession with the color purple may have something to do with it.

Well, my favorite color, RED, says everything about me:
RED – This is the color of extroversion, of a person with desire, appetite, a will to live life fully. You are somewhat aggressive, impulsive, perhaps athletic, surely quick to release your feelings and emotions. You have many ups and downs in your feelings.
To you, life is meant to be happy, and when it isn’t, you are  confused and upset. You hate monotony, are quick to judge people, quick to form opinions and boldly express them. (Source: http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/12653/favorite-color-reveals-personality-type/ )

I have to admit that displays many of my strengths and weaknesses, especially about my opinions and my constant need to express them.

And here is what GREEN says about my husband:
GREEN - You are sure to be constant in your ways, persevering, sensible and respectable. You have a good balance. Outspoken, with a love of freedom, those who like green are generally social and live in a good neighborhood, have many friends and belong to social organizations. You tend to resist change. You like parties and you like to eat – and may usually be on a diet.
Your social standing, financial position and reputation are all of top importance to you. You constantly seek affirmation of companionship and affection. (Same source as above)

I see some of my husband here but not as much as mine was, but the resistance to change and the love of freedom which sometimes manifests itself in rebellion when he perceives anyone to be telling him what to do, even if it isn't actually the case. He is also very particular about what he eats but he does love food.

Here is what it says about PURPLE now:
PURPLE – Two types of people like purple. The first is sensitive, with deep insight, temperamental and creative with meaningful things to do and passionate devotion to them. The second type admires artists, mystics and unique people. This type feels there should be gentility, courtesy and affection everywhere, and no war, disease or poverty.
Some lovers of purple are charming and adoring patrons of the arts and others are true artists themselves.

She is the first type, but I am not sure she has deep insight but she is very sensitive and extremely temperamental, but she does not seem to have deep insight or any desire to be artistic.

Another website was really off so maybe her favorite color doesn't explain her personality, I hoped it would give me some insight to better deal with her craziness but I guess I have no such luck ... Anyone following my blogs feel free to comment with any info that might help me with my monster in law.

No comments:

Post a Comment