Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Taken for Granted

This emotion is my constant struggle. I am a stay at home mom and I enjoy it. I really do. I have held great jobs, I am educated but given this recent chance to stay home with my children has been the biggest blessing I could ever ask for. I have my chores I do daily and the school work I do with the kids since we can home school with me home full time. I love to cook and enjoy when people enjoy what I have made for dinner as I make a lot of unique dinners that appeal to the masses and I do it healthier.

But what drives me batty is when, since the weather was less than favorable tonight my mother in law stays and is nothing more than someone taking up space and eating my food and scolding my children incorrectly. I spend over an hour highlighting her hair (all of the supplies I paid for), then cleaning up after it to turn around and spend another two hours making dinner to have not one of the other 3 adults helping out with the cleaning. Really? No one felt it was worth pitching in by washing the dishes after dinner?

I have tried asking my husband to talk to her about pitching in but he just hushes me. It is more than a little frustrating, how can no one see that I am worth helping out? I mean she owes us hundreds of dollars and yet has the audacity to buy things without regret and have them shipped to our house. When she stays here even if it is without notice expects me to provide meals for her without offering to help with groceries or house work and wonders why I don't like talking to her. I cannot swallow my frustration much longer. I matter too...

No comments:

Post a Comment